Community building is at the heart of DC Startup Week, the first 5 day week DC-Maryland-Virginia festival powered by Techstars.
We’re putting a call out for a new, intimate group of dedicated social ninjas across a variety of sectors who will gain special benefits by representing DC Startup Week, building awareness, and engaging with the broader DC-Maryland-Virginia community.
— DC Startup Week (@DCStartupWeek) July 31, 2017
Ambassadors will be tasked with engaging the community before and during the annual DC Startup Week, using social media skills to engage and connect the community to the celebration.
Each ambassador will have the opportunity to join a private group of rising stars in the startup community and engage with like-minded peers in DC Startup Week. We’ll be here to provide a platform and a little guidance for our ambassadors to spread the DC Startup Week word.
If you think you you’d be a good fit for this group, please fill this form out to be considered for the program.
Role of #DCSW17 Social Media Ambassadors
As a Social Media Ambassador, you agree to:
- Follow DC Startup Week’s social media channels on Facebook (DCStartupWeek) and Twitter (@DCStartupWeek)
- Post information about DC Startup Week on your social media at least three times prior to the celebration September 11-15
- Live-tweet from at least 2-3 sessions you will be attending at DC Startup Week using hashtag #DCSW17 and tagging @DCStartupWeek
- Engage in conversation, on social media platforms, with other DC Startup Week Social Media Ambassadors during the event
- Understand and educate peers about DC Startup Week throughout the year
- Contribute relevant and valuable ideas for expanding DC Startup Week’s social presence to your DC Startup Week staff liaison
- Participate in 2-3 short calls with your DC Startup Week staff liaison and other social media ambassadors
DC Startup Week will provide the following:
- You will receive special recognition on dcstartupweek.org and the official scheduling app
- DC Startup Week will share your content across social media channels
- You will have a new title, Social Media Ambassador, giving you more influence on your own social media channels
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be active on all DC Startup Week’s social media channels?
While it is not required to be active on all social media channels, it is important that you are active on Twitter.
How often should I actively promote DC Startup Week?
Although we have certain expectations for the amount of times we’d like you to post, those are only minimums. We encourage you to be as active as you’d like.
How do I apply?
Application will be available below.